Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Another headache

We had a wonderful visit with my brother Bobby and his family! It went by way to fast though.
The good news is that the shunt that was placed into Abby's brain has significantly decreased the pressure and fluid build up on her brain! On Wednesday, Abby was complaining of headaches and was acting very tired, so Maegan called up to St. Louis Children's Hospital, so we could try to figure out the headaches were due to the shunt possibly having moved or if it was not working. They asked Maegan if she would Abby up so they could do a scan just to make sure the shunt has not moved. They got up there and they took Abby back and did a scan. They said that the fluid levels on Abby's brain looked very good, and that the tumor was probably what was causing the headaches. We just wanted to make sure that if Abby's pain was due to something that we could control, that we got it fixed. We are still working on fixing the tumor, but until then we can only pray.
Maegan and I decided that we are going to move Abby into our bed at nights from now on. This way, IF something should happen during the night, we will be there with her and if she needs to use the bathroom, it is not as hard on my back to pick her up and carry her to and from the bathroom and then hoist her up into her bunk bed again. She enjoys sleeping in our bed, and she is a great snuggle-buddy! We also cleared out a space in our room to put a twin bed for the other girls to stay in our room if they want to, so they do not feel neglected or left out. (Plus, this way, when they all pile up in our bed, I can sneak out to the small bed and not get kicked and laid on!).
Since Abby is in our room a lot now, Maegan and I decided to get a nice television to go back in our room. So, as kind of an anniversary present for Maegan and myself, as well as for the girls, Emily and I went to Best Buy while Maegan and Abby were in St Louis and picked up a 32" television and got a good deal on a blu-ray player with surround sound system included! I got it all set up for when Maegan and Abby got home, and they were all impressed! So was I!!
Yesterday, Maegan and I went out for our 11th wedding anniversary and my parents came down and watched the girls for us while we went to Ray's of Kelso to eat. I had called ahead and had them get a dozen roses for Maegan and have them waiting on our table. We had a good evening, and then came home. We then got the girls all tucked in, and we went to bed. At around 3, I woke up to Emily kicking me in the back, sleeping behind me! So, I moved myself to the couch and finished my sleeping out there.
The girls are all having fun with Maegan's brother, uncle Bryan, who is here with his girlfriend Tonya from Florida! They will be here for a few days, and it is good to see them again! We last saw them when they drove 6hours to the Give Kids The World Village during Abby's Wish Trip.

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.