Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Make A Wish Interview





Yesterday, we got some great news and then some not so good news…

Good news was that the Make A Wish people came by and interviewed Abby to find out what her wish is. She had a great time explaining what she wanted to them. She said that she wanted to be kissed by a real prince, to stay in a real princess castle, have a real princess dress, tiara, shoes, and to also meet all of the princesses. Nothing is definite at this point, but the volunteers said that it sounds like a Disney trip would be perfect for her, and we said that we agree! They asked us for a tentative date for going on the trip, and Maegan gave them the possible dates of the first, third or fourth week of January. So we will see how that works out, but we are really excited for Abby!

The not-so-good news we got yesterday…
I got a call from the Assistant Chief at work who asked if I could come in a meet with him. So I went into the station and met with him. He explained to me that they were informed that through FMLA, I am only allowed to take off 12 weeks in a 12month period, and my 12 weeks expired on 10-27. I had just enough hours where I can finish this week but have to start back to work on Monday. They are still being very good to me there and are working with me on my schedule to ensure that I can be home every night by 7 so I can get Abby her medicine. Then with the Friday’s where we have to go to St. Louis to refill Abby’s medicine, I am going to work an evening shift so that we can get Abby’s medicine and I can also get my necessary hours at work. Our big concern is mainly with Maegan getting out and shopping etc. We are not really taking Abby out anymore just to keep her away from any sick germs, and so this will just make it a little harder to do that and will take a little more planning with family and friends. It will all work out for the best, just a minor obstacle in the marathon of getting Abby better. We just hope that Abby continues to stay healthy and illness free. Keep her in your prayers please and thank you very much for all of the prayers sent up for her and us!

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.