Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting for Sara

Tomorrow is going to be the big day that Sara will join us! Maegan will be induced tomorrow, so we have to be at the hospital at 5am. The girls are all very anxious to get Sara here so they can love her! We are excited too!
Abby continues to amaze me daily with her progress and positive attitude. She is refusing to let her tumor get in her way, and she is my hero! All of the girls are doing so well being supportive of her and helping her, when she lets them. She is real independent and likes to do things herself, but all of her sisters are that way too. Her hair in the back is growing in nicely and real quick! The top is still a little thin, but I'm sure it will start growing back soon as well.
Maegan e-mailed me an article from Stanford University about how they have finally been able to create Abby's tumor into animals. This is the first time in over 30 years that they have been able to do this, and this is a huge step into finding a cure! I started to read the article, but I got through the first few paragraphs and had to stop. Maegan read the article in its entirety and was real positive, but I couldn't do it. The link to the article is: http://med.stanford.edu/ism/2011/february/pontine.html
I want to try and read it, but maybe in the future, just not right now. It just scares me to death and I don't want to think about what "could" happen and what the tumor can do. I am going to focus on the positive and how well Abby is doing and just rely on the promise from Heavenly Father that Abby will beat this. Keep those prayers coming that the tumor will continue to shrink and go away and NEVER come back! Thanks!

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.