Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mommy Daddy Date!

Abby likes her princess quilt that Mrs. Sara made for her.



Abby likes the I-Spy books in the waiting room.


Abby does not like to wake up early and go to the hospital! She insists on telling us all about it in her "puppy dog whine" the entire trip to the hospital. Once we get to the hospital and down to the Radiation Oncology department, we found a "I Spy" book and Abby and I find everything that we can in the book until its time to go back for treatment. This morning, the first thing she says when she wakes up is "we didn't find the red balloon", so I have to run back to the waiting room and get the book, so we can find the balloon. Then she is in a bad mood until we go to the gift shop and she finds a little halloween pumpkin snow globe, or as we call them dream bubbles, that has a multi-colored light in it, and a neck pillow that looks like a puppy dog. That made her happy and took her mind off of wanting McDonalds until we got to Grandma's and Grandpa's house.

We can tell that the radiation and chemo are wearhing Abby out. When we get to the house, Abby just lays on the couch until its nap time. Maegan actually got Emily to nap while I went out for a run, and then when I got back we put Abby down for her nap as well. We then asked my dad if he could watch the girls while we go on a date. Being an awesome dad, he agrees and Maegan and I get to go watch "The Sorcorers Apprentice". It was a very good movie and we had fun getting out of the house and by ourselves for a couple of hours.  Luckily the girls were very good for Grandpa.
I just hope that Abby will get some energy sometime soon. I hate seeing her just sitting there. I also hope that she does not get sick from the chemo, that would be good.

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.