Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

We had a good day at church today, where Abby and Mary-Beth got to show off their new skirts and t-shirts that Mommy got them from the store on Saturday. Abby was also very good during church, while Emily was not. I spent most of church listening to Emily scream for no good reason. After around 10 minutes of screaming, she stops and looks at me, then in the calmest voice says "I'm done, Daddy" and she was. She was fine after that. She has the terrible twos on a schedule and once it's out of her system, she's fine.

Abby then went to Primary where they were practicing for their program which will be the second Sunday in September. She would only go up there to the stand if I went with her, so I did. She was so cute singing her heart out to all of the primary songs. Then she got to help direct the music wearing the razzle dazzle that Sis. Brazel brought which consisted of a sparkly scarf, shoes, and also thick black glasses. She thought that was pretty cool. Mattie then asked me if Abby would be feeling up to doing a little speaking part with the rest of her class. I asked Abby if she wanted to do that and she said that she would. So Abby will walk up to the podium with the rest of her class and give her little speaking part. I'll be there to help her walk up there, but her spirit will carry us all. Mary-Beth also has a speaking part with her class and I am so looking forward to the program!

After church we stopped by and visited Curtis, and then made our way home after stopping off at the Windbiglers for a minute. We then continued home where we finished packing our clothes and then started our trip to St. Louis. Abby did much better with her medicine tonight. I introduced a Skittle with her medicine and I think that helped. She enjoyed taking her chemo and was cheering when she saw me bring it in. That blows my mind! The one drug that I am scared to death for her to take is the one that she loves and can't wait to take. As long as it helps my girl, that's all that matters.

We are going to try to wrangle the girls into bed now, Abby has another early morning treatment at 7:30 am. Keep the prayers coming. They help so much.

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.