Abby's Journey

We'd like to invite you to read Abby's Journey from the beginning. We hope that her story may help a family who is facing the same battle with DIPG. We are praying for a cure and are praying for every child who is diagnosed with cancer.

This is Abby's story.

Monday, August 16, 2010

My Dates

Abby and I had a good day together today.  Maegan went into town today for her doctors appointment for the baby, and Abby and I got to spend a lot of time together and had a great time!  We got to talk to each other and she gave me noogies on my neck giving me goosebumps!


She did get upset when I went and got Mary-Beth from school and then took her out for a mini daddy-daughter date.  Took her out to get some ice cream which she loved!

When we came home Abby was very upset that Mary-Beth and I had gone on a date and she didn't.  I tried to explain to her that she and I were going on our date tomorrow morning.  She did not get much of a nap today so she was very moody.  We definitely can see her mood swings from the steroid medicine.  Then it just gets amplified when she gets tired.

We are both looking forward to our date tomorrow!  We are going to go to my doctors appointment where all of the nurses will love seeing Abby!  They called right after we got up to the hospital just to say that they were very sorry about what was happening to Abigail and that she was in their thoughts and prayers.  I thought it was a very sweet call and we appreciated it!  They always enjoyed Abby coming in with me playing her Dora game on the DS.  After that I am going to swing by the station for a bit and then she wants to go to the mall.  She told me that she wanted to go on the carousel, but that is at the mall at my parents house, so I'll find something for her to do.  She also wants to go to a movie and then get some ice cream.  She knows I can't tell her no, but what can you do?!

It will be a good day and I am looking forward to it!  I am hoping that when we get to St. Louis, maybe Maegan and I can sneak out for a quick date before our marathon begins!

No comments:

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.